Knowing the following data:
- The minimum pressure
- The maximum pressure
- The volume of the fluid in the system
- The maximum working temperature of the system
- The possible percentage of antifreeze glycol in the system fluid
it’s possible to calculate the required volume of the expansion tank.
- The calculation is valid in the hypothesis that the initial pressure (hydrostatic pressure) on the expansion tank is not higher than the pre-charge pressure.
- The minimum operating temperature is set by default at 40 °F.
- The set pressure for the safety valve, summed to that one due to the possible difference in height, must be lower than the maximum working pressure of the tank.
- The calculation provides only an indication of the required volume of the tank and must be checked by a qualified and authorized technician.